Author: ~ Source: Logitech Capture: Creating Video Content For Your Audience Just Got A Whole Lot Easier
If you ask kids today what they want to be when they grow up, their answer is probably a lot different than it used to be. Back in the day, many of us wanted to grow up to be astronauts, doctors, firefighters, pilots, teachers, and more…that’s not to say that kids today don’t want to be these things, but in a recent U.K.-based survey, three out of four kids said they are considering a career in online videos. And in order to make a career out of streaming, blogging and the like, one thing they’ll need is a simple way capture high-quality content.
Today, people are creating content to share with their audiences. On YouTube alone, 400 hours of video are uploaded every minute. What’s more, we watch over 1 billion hours of YouTube videos a day. The videos we see online look great – but the story that’s often untold is the hours of work that happen behind the scenes. Unless you’re already a YouTube star, you probably don’t have the means or the resources required to create studio-quality content. Creating all that content takes a lot of time. The good news is that we want to help aspiring creators without breaking the bank.
If you haven’t already heard, we recently announced a public beta for our new webcam software, Logitech Capture. And as of today, Capture is fully available for download. When combined with our most popular webcams (Logitech C920, C922 and BRIO 4K Pro Webcam), Capture allows people to easily create content and stream to apps like YouTube using a virtual camera, all in one intuitive interface.
Logitech Capture aims to simplify video production by incorporating professional controls in an easy-to-use app that comes with our newest webcams and allows people to customize videos and create great content all within the app. Capture offers:
- The ability to record from multiple sources: Record webcam video and your desktop screen, or two webcams simultaneously, for creating picture-in-picture content. Then use Logitech Capture to arrange picture-in-picture frames.
- The ability to create vertical video: Record in 9:16 format for a portrait viewing experience optimized for mobile phones and social media posts.
- The ability to livestream to YouTube: Capture acts as a virtual camera so you can stream directly from the app to YouTube without having to use a complex encoder. You’ll keep access to all the editing and customization options in Logitech Capture during your stream.
- The ability to add professional studio-style controls to your recording: Enable ChromaKey recording, apply transition effects when switching sources, and change the size and color of borders. Logitech Capture also allows you to take still images and adjust mic input volume without leaving the app.
- The ability to customize your camera settings: Select your field of view, aspect ratio, and recording resolution. Advanced users can also adjust white-balance, auto-focus, and framer-per-second settings. Logitech Capture saves all your settings in your user profile.
Capture is available at Logitech.com through a free software download now. This new software replaces and enhances the features that were previously available through Logitech Webcam Software (LWS). We hope you enjoy this new software and all the features it brings to our most popular webcams.